Pledge

Pledge

Tuesday 26 July 2011

Schools out for Summer!


Yay, that's it..... no lessons for six weeks.  Well, why should we be pondering over algebraic equations when hardly anyone will be ....... unless she really wants to of course!  Formal lessons may have finished for now, but learning never stops, no matter what we're doing.  The text books have been put away but our minds are ever open and receptive to new material.  Children begin learning things from birth.  Parents and siblings are our first teachers and it's a life-long relationship.

I've learned a lot myself since the beginning of our homeschooling:

I am capable of teaching my child.
It needn't be a slog.
We can choose to explore whatever captures our imagination.
'Lessons' are best conducted little and often.
If Charlotte is struggling to grasp something and I am struggling to explain it efficiently, leave it for another time.  It's not the end of the world.
I actually enjoy putting lesson plans together.


So, what now for the Summer holidays.  Having fun is top of the agenda.  I'll probably spend some time thinking of forthcoming topics for next 'term'.  The world's our oyster!




2 comments:

  1. I admire those who can homeschool you must have a lot of patience. I like the school holidays to a certain extent as we tend to go out each day to somewhere different and learn about nature etc but to be honest I am glad when they go back to school as then I can have a break!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It wasn't through choice Lorraine but now that we find ourself in this situation, we're putting our heart and soul into it and trying to make it as enjoyable as possible too. :D

    ReplyDelete