Pledge

Pledge

Friday 29 July 2011

I wanna be famous......



When I was thinking about what subjects Charlotte and I should follow, I thought it might be best to concentrate on ones that would be relevant to a future occupation.

"What job would you like to do Charlotte?" I asked her.  "Is there anything you're really interested in?"





"I want to be famous," she mumbled in a voice not unlike Harry Enfield's portrayal of Kevin, the rebellious teenager.

"Eh?" I uttered, momentarily unable to say something more sensible. "What d'you mean, famous?"

"I want to be a popstar like Rhianna or Jessie J,"  she explained, still mumbling and looking anywhere but at me.

I groaned inwardly thinking of all the wannabes on Britain's Got Talent and The X Factor.

"But there must be something else you want to do," I persisted, "like business studies or fashion and design?"

"I just want to sing," she said.

I let it go for the moment and thought of all the tactics I could employ to divert her from her line of thought, all the people I could enlist in persuading her to do something more 'sensible'..... more ordinary.

So much for tactics. Charlotte began vocal coaching last night.  Her father and I stopped resisting and thought if that's what she has her heart set on doing, we should do all we can to help her.  She loved it and can hardly wait for the next session........ but she needn't think that English and maths, etc. are out the window!



3 comments:

  1. Hi There, thanks for coming to my blog. Please come back anytime.. I am enjoying yours--and admire you so much for home-schooling Charlotte. She's a lucky young lady... Hope she excels in her singing passion.
    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much Betsy. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome!!
    Sing Charlotte, sing!!

    I bet there are a thousand helpful videos on youtube for singing practice and inspiration. :)

    ReplyDelete