Pledge

Pledge

Thursday 11 August 2011

"It wasn't me......."

The other day I was quite busy doing this and that round the house, so I was happy to discover that hubs and Charlotte had decided to make some pancakes.  Happy..... but not overly optimistic, going on previous attempts.  However, they seemed to be doing things correctly this time.  They had the kitchen scales out and were measuring quantities instead of just pouring things in straight from the packet.  Oh yummy, might get a proper pancake this time.  I continued with what I was doing and waited to be offered my share.  I did try to look pleased when Charlotte handed me my plate, but I couldn't decide what the objects before me were more akin to...... an illustration of amoeba or an anaemic liver!


 I wondered at the strange colour.

"We put pink food colouring in," she said looking pleased at their ingenuity.

As Charlotte looked on awaiting my appraisal, I hesitantly broke off a small piece to try.  As I maneuvered it round my mouth, it seemed to have what I imagined to be the consistency of play dough and it tasted of....... well, nothing really.  I looked apologetic and handed the plate back to her.

"Well anyway, it was dad that made them," she said taking the plate away to add the portion to hers, which she ate in her bedroom determined to look as if she was actually enjoying it.

Hubby, meanwhile, was in the kitchen wiping up spilt flour and cleaning utensils.

"That was horrible," I told him.

"It's Charlotte," he said, "She gets overexcited and pours stuff in too quickly."

I smiled to myself - neither of them would accept responsibility.


No comments:

Post a Comment